Monday, August 11, 2014

Happily Ever After Cupcakes




Oh. My. Gosh. These cupcakes taste AMAZING!!!

A month ago we traveled back to the East coast to celebrate my inlaw's 50th wedding anniversary. My sister-in-law made a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake, which got me thinking about how much I love the flavor of wedding cakes. Unfortunately, there are no wedding receptions on my calendar for the near future.


Luckily, I'm a problem solver. After some visits to my Pinterest boards, I put together these little gems by combining a couple different recipes. The rest is history.

A light White Almond Wedding Cake recipe (made with a cake mix!) which is super duper moist, filled with homemade fresh raspberry preserves, and topped with a fluffy Almond Buttercream Frosting. You can thank me later - when you're enjoying your cupcake(s).

And we all lived Happily Ever After.

Wedding cupcakes, almond cake, raspberry filled

Happily Ever After Cupcakes

White Almond Wedding Cupcakes:

1 package white cake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups water
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 egg whites

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.

Stir together the white cake mix, flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl until well mixed. Pour in the water, sour cream, vegetable oil, almond and vanilla extracts, and egg whites, and beat with an electric mix on low until all the ingredients are mixed and moistened but some lumps still remain, 4 minutes.

Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pans, and bake in the preheated oven until the top is a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool before frosting.

Filling:

1/2 cup raspberry freezer jam or raspberry preserves

Fill a pastry bag or Clear Plastic Squeeze Bottle with raspberry filling. Poke the tip into the top of each cupcake. Squeeze approximately 1 tsp filling into each. Remove and continue until all cupcakes are filled.

Almond Buttercream Frosting:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tsp Almond Extract  
4 cup powdered sugar

Beat butter and heavy cream in mixer for 3 minutes. Add in almond extract and powdered sugar. Beat an additional 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Pipe on cupcakes.

Wedding cupcakes, almond cake, raspberry filled

Wedding cupcakes, almond cake, raspberry filled



3 comments:

jo said...

The cake AND the cupcakes are beautiful! And I can only imagine how delicious they are.

I will be making theses soon!

jo said...

*these

jo said...

I made these to give as a gift today (and happened to have a couple left to try). They are so yummy! Moist, sturdy, flavorful. I used the recipe exactly as printed except my cake mix was only 16+ oz. Didn't seem to make any difference.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...