Saturday, July 31, 2010

Jumbo Pasta Seashells With Cheesy Herb Filling


We had this one for dinner the other night and the kids loved it!!  It was fun for me to cook, because I nabbed the fresh parsley and basil from my garden - love it!!  I had some extra stuffed shells that didn't fit into my pan, so I put them in a gallon freezer ziplock and froze them. It will be super easy to throw them in a pan with a jar of sauce from the pantry and bake it up one night for an easy dinner :)

You can also make this recipe ahead and freeze it.  I like to use freezer to oven Gladware.  I just defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then bake covered with foil at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

Jumbo Pasta Seashells with Cheesy Herb Filling

12 oz box jumbo pasta shells
4 cups ricotta cheese
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 eggs
1 Tbs freshly chopped parsley
1 Tbs freshly chopped basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
28 oz spaghetti sauce or marinara

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain.


2. In a medium bowl, stir together cheeses, eggs, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.


3. Fill each cooked shell with about 1 1/2 level tablespoons cheese mixture. In 13x9x2 inch baking dish spread 1/2 cup of the spaghetti or marinara sauce. Arrange filled shells in pan and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.


4. Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...